Friday, March 4, 2011

Q&A: Who do I have to talk to in order to get into coaching little league football?



Your Ad Here



Coaching
by aldenjewell

Question by Next year is our year!: Who do I have to talk to in order to get into coaching little league football?

I am a football fan. I'm not interested in being an announcer or working in sports medicine, and I can't play(physical disability). Therefore I thought I'd try to get into coaching. When can I apply to be a little league football coach and who do I have to talk to in order to try and get started?

For anyone who wants to know what area I live in, it's Rocky Mount, North Carolina.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by cmow5
I am a high school coach and I will give you some advice. First if you want to try to coach at a higher level then contact the local high school. Tell them you are willing to do anything possible to help with the program and you are not looking for any money.

If you want to start at a youth levekl that is fine to. Go to pop warner.com and search your city or rocket football or just do a google search.

If you do want to coach at a higher level then remember the higher you go the more time you need to put it in. I have not had a day that I have not put in at least 8 hrs on football. That is including the offseason. I have been to clinics, and I do a lot of film study. My team started practice a month ago.

I got my job by contacting a local Head Coach at a high school and told him I want to volunteer. He gave my name and number to the new HC at the Middle school and I was a volunteer for last season until they realized how hard I worked at I ended up getting paid. Then I busted my ass in the off season and got promoted to freshmen DC.





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment